|DEPARTMENT: ||Educational Meetings |
|BASIC FUNCTION: ||Coordinate, review and approve PowerPoint presentations and virtual product Q&A from faculty, maintain files and spreadsheet of legal contracts, process vendor deposits and payments, monitor contracts through legal review process, and provide administrative support for Department Director and Conference & Tradeshow Manager. |
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities:
- Powerpoint presentations from faculty for educational meetings/events are collected and reviewed for conflict of interest, ensuring copyright and HIPAA laws are adhered to, ensuring adherence to ACCME guidelines prior to each event, handled accurately, with tact and diplomacy. Maintain knowledge of ACCME Policy & Procedures to ensure compliance in the planning, promotion, and implementation of assigned educational meetings.
- Track receipt of faculty agreements, disclosures, faculty bios, photographs, syllabi/Powerpoint presentations, copyright release forms, and post-test questions & answers for virtual products. Initiate Resolution of Conflict of Interest with Subcommittee Chair or Course Director and ensure resolution occurs and documentation is received. Regularly communicate status to department staff and subcommittee members. Follow-up with faculty to ensure documentation is received, complete, and accurate. Ensure that conflicts of interest by faculty, planning committee, and staff are disclosed to learners, as per ACCME guidelines, and documentation is uploaded into CME system. Provide assistance and guidance to faculty.
- Ensure that cover sheets for faculty syllabi/Powerpoint presentations are accurately developed and uploaded to each meeting’s/event’s Webpage, including updated versions submitted post-event. Coordinate posting of faculty PowerPoints and other documentation on Websites with Communications & Marketing Department.
- Track payment schedules for hotel, convention center, and vendor contracts, process payments in a timely manner to ensure contractual deadlines for deposits and other payments are met. Assist in processing, coding, and researching invoices and payments for meetings, generating payments through ReQlogic, as applicable; ensure payment deadlines are met, assist other staff with questions about invoices and charges.
- Provide administrative support for Educational Meetings Director and Conference & Tradeshow Manager. Independently prepare correspondence and reports. Respond to routine requests for information from customers, staff, and vendors. Annually review list of files stored offsite for possible destruction.
- Develop and distribute department deadlines for each educational meeting, using established format and updating as appropriate.
- Develop the annual marketing & promotions schedule for the Meetings team to use as deadlines for planning and developing copy for the promotional brochures, e-mails, Websites, etc. Work in coordination with the Meetings Marketing Manager to establish the deadlines from their production schedule.
- Learn the event registration system and serve as backup for Event Registration Manager.
- Maintaining department Q drive shared folder, ensuring completeness and accuracy. Coordinate monthly P&L review by department staff and follow-up with team to ensure corrections with Finance are fulfilled. Schedule and organize conference calls and meetings and prepare written minutes/notes from each meeting/call, including department meetings, Exhibits & Sponsorships meetings, etc., including development of agendas, capturing meeting notes/minutes, review Project Status Reports by team to ensure updates are accurately recorded and the PSR is provided to division director within deadlines. Coordinate division LOS/SMT report.
- Provide onsite support at Scientific Assembly, as assigned.
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Relationships and Contacts:
|Reports to: ||Educational Meetings Director |
|Internal Contacts: ||All staff |
|External Contacts: ||Educational Meetings Subcommittee and Education Committee members, faculty, meeting registrants, housing vendor, travel agency, and other vendors and customers |
Required Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Five years administrative experience including proficiency in MS Office, Word, and Excel
- Attention to detail and highly organized
- Excellent proofreading, written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure with multiple priorities and strict deadlines
- Ability to travel occasionally
- Ability to occasionally lift up to 50 pounds
Other Desired Qualifications:
We offer competitive salary, excellent benefits package, retirement plan and more.
- Previous work experience in busy, high-pressure office setting
- Ability to interact professionally with all levels
- Dependable, responsible and resourceful
- Ability to work as part of a team; cooperative and tactful
- Proven to follow through, with accuracy and timeliness
- Must be well-organized
If you have any questions or would like to send your resume, contact us here.