|DEPARTMENT: ||Reimbursement and Chapter and State Relations |
|BASIC FUNCTION: ||Provide secretarial/administrative support to the Reimbursement Department and the Chapter and State Relations Department, gaining and maintaining a sufficient understanding of the basics of reimbursement and state advocacy subject matter to meaningfully assist in developing meeting materials, minutes and assisting on departmental projects. Provide backup/overflow administrative support for other departments in the Practice, Policy, and Academic Affairs Line of Service. |
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide secretarial/administrative support to the Reimbursement and Chapter and State Relations Department including drafting correspondence, screening telephone calls, general file maintenance, and compiling information needed for mailings or projects. Acquire and provide information as needed on the status and content of various department activities.
- Provide administrative and secretarial support to committees/task forces/sections as assigned; prepare quarterly reports; summarize progress on objectives; develop agendas; compile and distribute meeting materials; coordinate meeting preparations and/or conference calls.
- Under the supervision of department directors, respond to inquiries from members and external entities about department activities and issues.
- Maintain files of frequently distributed materials, process requests for information in a timely fashion, and maintain department related information on the ACEP web site.
- Stay sufficiently informed of current news and evolving major issues pertaining to emergency medicine reimbursement, coding and state legislation.
- Provide administrative support for other departments within the Policy, Practice and Academic Affairs Line of Services as needed.
- Must be able to appropriately safeguard confidential information.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Relationships and Contacts:
|Reports to: ||Reimbursement Director (primary), Chapter and State Relations Director |
|Internal Contacts: ||All College staff |
|External Contacts: ||Members, chapters, various outside organizations and individuals, AMA, CPT, RUC, CMS, AAPC and other medical associations |
Required Education and Experience:
- High school diploma
- Five years of secretarial/administrative experience including composition of original correspondence. Minimum of two years of experience in a medical or association setting.
- Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite including Word, PowerPoint, Microsoft Excel.
Other Desired Qualifications:
We offer competitive salary, excellent benefits package, retirement plan and more.
- Familiarity with CPT and ICD-10 coding
- Familiarity with state legislative processes.
- Familiarity with health policy issues.
- Strong editing and proofreading skills
- Proven ability to coordinate numerous projects simultaneously
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities and schedules
- Experience using web content software.
If you have any questions or would like to send your resume, contact us here.